Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Summer Corn and Shrimp Succotash

Summer Corn and Shrimp Succotash Recipe

I tried a version of this for dinner tonight and it was quite enjoyable.  I didn't follow the cooking techniques exactly and made a few additions/substitutions based on what we had in hand but overall followed the sentiment of the dish.  For example I used Edemame instead of Fava Beans since I know Caitlyn loves Edemame.  I also skipped the garlic and shallots but included onions, orange pepper, and zucchini.  Instead of tarragon I added some basil that we had on hand.  I think you could use just about any combination of fresh veggies and herbs and this would turn out pretty pleasant.  The sour cream and sriracha condiments also give this succotash dish a nice variation.  It was an enjoyable switch up from our normal cuisines and very pleasing to the pallet.  We will likely make this one again, and experiment with more veggie combinations.

Recipe:  http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/summer-corn-shrimp-succotash-50400000135970/

No comments:

Post a Comment