Friday, February 19, 2010

Leek, Bacon, and Gruyere Crustless Quiche


For Valentine's Day this year we decided to celebrate the best way we know how - with awesome food and awesome people! We started off with a homemade brunch double date with good friends Chris and Jessica. Now we know why Chris is so fond of Jessica. She makes the most amazing cinnamon rolls on God's green earth! Since Jessica had the sweets covered, I tackled the Savory with this delicious Leek, Bacon, and Gruyere Crustless Quiche from http://www.blogger.com/www.foodnetwork.com.


The quiche was delicious, but I do plan to impliment a couple of modifications next time I tackle this. First, I sliced the leeks into thin rounds rather than long stems as the recipe suggests. However, the leeks themselves put off a lot of liquid which made it difficult for the quich to fully set to the right consistency. Next time I make this, I will probably add an extra egg and/or omit 1/3 cup half and half so that it sets a little stronger. You could also make with a standard pie crust which will help to hold together if you are worried about it setting properly. But other than that, in regards to taste alone I give it an A+. Serve with homemade cinnamon rolls and mimosas for a romantic treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment