Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Artichoke Veggie Pizza with Basil Confetti

I've had a completely unproductive day. I've had a mental block all day long and really hard time getting going. Since I couldn't seem to get any significant tasks accomplished at work today, I figure I will at least catch up on my blogging. So here we are with a new Homemade Pizza Recipe. Pizza is a GREAT way to use up leftovers in your cupboard and refrigerator. Here I've combined sliced zucchini, canned artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil cut into confetti strips for a beautiful and tasty garnish. Instead of pizza sauce, I've brushed on a thin layer of tomato paste, something we always have on hand in the pantry. The cheese is a mixture of part skim mozzarella and fresh grated parmesan and we served on top of whole wheat dough from Trader Joes refrigerated section for a healthy touch. And the best part is, it all bakes up in about 10 to 15 minutes. Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment