Sunday, July 6, 2014

Tomato and Chickpea Salad with Asian Barbecue Chicken and Grilled Corn on the Cob

Tomato & Chickpea Salad by Rachel Schultz

I normally don't get excited about chickpeas but this was one really hit my palette tonight.  It is definitely a keeper.  The recipe gets points for simplicity and budget friendly without compromising on taste.  I even varied it with half cherry tomatoes and have chopped Roma tomatoes since that is what I had on hand and didn't sacrifice any of the flavor.  I am excited to see how the leftovers hold up tomorrow.  This could stand as a snack, lunch or dinner side dish, or possibly through in some diced chicken or salami and make it a main.  I'm even thinking I would happily eat this leftovers as a quick breakfast option for a great way to start a summer morning.  Not sure if the masses would be with me on this one or not but it sounds good to me!

Click here for the full recipe:  http://rachelschultz.com/2013/01/19/tomato-chickpea-salad/

We served this with corn on the cob and Asian Barbecue Chicken (one of my favorite grill standbys):  http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/asian-barbecue-chicken-10000000698696/

Asian Barbecue Chicken Recipe


No comments:

Post a Comment