Monday, August 19, 2013

#10 Turkey Burgers with Shredded Zucchini & Carrot served with Golden Beat Chips



Here's my inspiration for cooking, to help this girl go up strong and healthy.  I'm glad I have started food blogging again.  It's helpful to see that I am actually making progress with my goal.  I can't believe we're already on #10! I don't have time to post every day, and some days I don't remember to capture a picture.  But we're still cooking.  Today, you get to see what my food would look like if it were prepared and photographed professionally.  This is not what it looks like when I prepare it.  But you can bet it tastes as good as these look.

Turkey Burgers with Shredded Zucchini & Carrot
has been a rotating recipe in our household for years.  I think it was originally introduced to us by Camille V.  (Thank you!)  It's easy to make, healthy, and a totally subversive way to get your kids to eat some veggies without knowing it.  Caitlyn loves these patties.

Baked Golden Beat Chips were as delicious as they sound and all mine.  Don and Carrot do not do beats.  So easy to make.  I used the mandolin blade on my Cuisinart to slice them extra thin.  Tossed them in some good quality olive oil from Drizzle and sea salt and baked them in the oven.  With the amount of root veggies rotating through our household, I don't see another reason to ever by another bag of commercially prepared potato chips ever again.


No comments:

Post a Comment