Monday, August 19, 2013

#9 BBQ Baked Beans and Collard Greens served with Zucchini and Sundried Tomatoe Quesadillas

I will admit that Collard Greens are not my favorite greens.  But they are packed with nutrients and they have their rotation in our delivery basket so I was on the hunt to find recipes that would make them interesting to use them up.  I found this recipe for BBQ Baked Beans & Sausage on the Eating Well website.  It did not disappoint.  True Caitlyn ate around the green parts, but if she's eating beans and chicken sausage at least, I'm not going to complain.  Here she is giving her seal of approval.  This is at the start of the meal before she was covered from head to toe in BBQ Sauce.


The quesadillas were as easy as they look.  We just sauteed some zucchini and sundried tomatoes in a little bit of oil from the sundried tomatoe jar with salt and pepper to taste.  Layered on two tortillas with some shredded mozzarella and sprinkled with feta cheese was very enjoyable.  I could only eat half and really enjoyed the leftovers for lunch.


No comments:

Post a Comment