Sunday, September 8, 2013

#20 - Kale and Caremalized Onion Frittata with Roasted Red Peppers and Goat Cheese


Not every recipe is a home run and I wouldn't put this one up there at the top, but at this stage in my life if it's edible and nutritious then at least it's a quick and easy option to reheat.  Also I'm happy that we saved money buy using up pantry ingredients that otherwise could have gone to waste and also avoiding another meal of eating out.

Still there are elements to this recipe that sparked some good ideas for the future and I learned something from this process.  First of all, one whole Jar of roasted red peppers was a bit much, and I'm realizing that I'm just not that much of a fan of commercially preserved roasted peppers.  It's worth it to do the extra step of roasting or sauteeing your own.  I'm envisioning now a leftover fajita omelet with leftover grilled onions and peppers and fajita steak with possibly some cojita cheese or feta instead of goat cheese.  I could also easily add whatever greens we have on hand at the time too (spinach, kale, chard, arugula all sound nice).  Another project for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment